Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 4 - Sensors, motors

Yes it was daytime when I begun, well then the night came as usual :)

When I got back from the midsummer celebrations I continued to mount the rollbed, belt drives, motors and sensors.

Here are the 4 stepper motors to move the extruder in X,Y and Z axis. The fourth is to feed the extruder with filament (plastic).


























I used the eDrawing to take measurements and adjust the frame to its proper dimensions.

I managed to break one of the sensor brackets but could refit the sensor using the other end instead.

As you can see the Z-Axis and extruder is not attached yet. I need a plummet to align the rods but I can't find any string at home. I did try to assemble it without the alignment, but after mounting things backward and refitting parts 100 times, I got bored and decided to do the alignment first.

Now I have to pay Stig a visit to catch up old times and to use his work shop to fix the heated bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment