Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 5 - Heat bed

Today I visited Stig to fix the heated bed and as usual, a few hours later, I left with a couple of more projects in my mind. I think I will need at least 2 more life to do everything :(


Here is the reworked heat bed with one resistor mounted (backside).

Back at home I mounted the resistors that will heat up this plate to about 55C. Here is one of the 4 resistors mounted with cooling paste to increase the heat transfer to the plate.









After all 4 was mounted they are soldered in serial and isolated with a piece of 3.2mm shrinktube.


The free ends will be connected to power later. I'm planning to attach a connector to easily connect and disconnect the power source. The heated bed will consume about 33W and the resistors can stand 15W each (15 x 4 = 60W) so there are a few Watt left to amp up if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment