Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Night 5 - Extruder

After the heat bed I moved on to the extruder. It is here the filament (plastic) is melted and extruded out on the heated bed to build the 3D model.

By now I'm an expert in press fitting :) so there was no problems to press fit the wingnut into the big cogwheel and the 4 NYLOCKs.

However, it turned out to be a real hell to finalise the extruder with the 4 springs in place.

On the picture you can see 3 ball bearings mounted. These are just hold in place by the preassure from the 4 springs, dragging the left plastic peace together with the right one.

The force produced by the springs are so big that I can't fit any filament (plastic) in between the ball bearings.

I did post a question in the forum, but as usual, no one answers...

On the other hand, it feels like something isn't right, maybe I overlooked something....

No comments:

Post a Comment